My career experiences and University studies have fostered a passionate interest in sustainable development, particularly in rural communities where economic and population growth is challenging the protection and conservation of environmental values. I am adept at networking and working in a team environment to strict deadlines and enjoy stakeholder engagement and consultation. I have a strong customer service background and have a demonstrated commitment to promoting efficient and professional services to the community. Ultimately, I would love to be employed in a work environment that encourages skills development and is committed to providing an ethical and sustainable service to the community.
KEY SKILLS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Demonstrated community consultation, research and policy writing skills utilized in the preparation of a vertebrate pest management plan for Greater Taree City Council, which is referenced in Council’s Plan of Management, “Future Directions Strategy for Cattai Wetlands”.
• Sound understanding of federal and state legislation pertaining to the protection of the environment, including the preparation of a Property Vegetation Plan and weed management plan in accordance with the Native Vegetation Act 2003.
• Demonstrated risk and impact analysis skills while collaborating on an Environmental Impact Statement for a $20 million dollar multi-story mixed use development on the Richmond River, Ballina CBD.
• Excellent network and negotiation skills resulting in the provision of free materials, labour and expertise from several government departments and community groups to facilitate the development of management and monitoring plans for over 1200 hectares of acid sulfate soil affected wetlands.
• Proven time management and organizational skills with the ability to work to very strict, pressing deadlines as evidenced in my ability to complete my University studies with a GPA of 5.90 while running a development consultancy business and raising two small children. During my studies at Southern Cross University I received four letters of commendation from the Head of the School of Engineering and Environmental Sciences for academic excellence.
• Commitment to customer service and professional conduct combined with a commitment to teamwork was instrumental to the development and delivery of a highly regarded property management service within the extremely competitive inner Sydney real estate market.
• Consistent accurate record keeping and sound understanding of state and federal legislation affected regular successful requests for legal remedies for breach of contract and enabled the conclusion of contracts to budget and deadline constraints.
• Proficient Global Information Systems computer skills, resulting in the production of fire risk assessment and koala habitat maps using the ARCGIS program.
Bachelor of Environmental Science (Coastal Resource Management),
Southern Cross University, Lismore.
January 2012 - Current
NACE Consulting Pty Ltd
Projects undertaken by NACE have included the delivery of NSW Public Works including quality assurance compliance and reporting according to State government best practice guidelines. An intimate knowledge and application of small business legislation and local government planning policies have resulted in the successful preparation and negotiation of development applications for land subdivisions and commercial land use.
As the principal management entity of over 40 companies in the tourism, construction and civil works industries, my initial role as Executive Assistant to the Managing Director required discretion, initiative and exemplary time management and organizational skills. Within a month of commencing employment, I was able to negotiate a sale offer on a property that had been difficult to sell, prompting the creation of a new role as Sales and Marketing Manager in the property division of the company. The combined value of my marketing portfolio totaled over $300 million and I personally negotiated the sale and leasing of residential and commercial properties with a combined value of over $1,000,000.
Macleay and Port Macquarie Landcare
I am a team member involved in the rehabilitation and maintenance of environmentally significant rainforest remnant vegetation within the Port Macquarie area. Main duties include the identification and eradication of weed species and the preparation and implementation of native vegetation replanting programs. With Macleay Landcare I have been asked to review and update the Indian Myna Bird Trapping Program, with the objective of providing continuing support to program participants on a discontinued budget.
November 2013 - June 2014
Undergraduate Internship and Integrated Research Project
Greater Taree City Council
The Council provided an amazing opportunity to gain practical experience and industry knowledge, while developing skills in community networking and consultation, program delivery and report writing. I was trusted to work with minimal supervision, contributing to the ongoing rehabilitation of the Big Swamp and Cattai Wetlands, through the preparation of a draft Vertebrate Pest Animal Management Plan and a
Weed Management Plan for the Big Swamp Wetland. My Integrated Research Project was conducted as a requirement for completion of a Bachelor of Environmental Science, involving vegetation mapping as a base line study of the effect of tidal inundation on acid sulfate soil degraded wetlands.
COMPLETED PROJECTS - NACE CONSULTING
Town Beach Marine Rescue, $350K
11 Bourne St Lighthouse Beach, $475K
Yamba Village – 10 Senior Living Homes, $10.0M
Lawrence View Sub-divisions, $5.0M
Riverwood Terrace Maclean $225K
4 Townhouses Riverwood Terrace Maclean $5.0M
Bronte Surf Life Saving Club
Commercial refurbishment and new construction ($800K)
Greville Street, Clovelly
Residential refurbishment and extension ($265K)
Dellview Street, Tamarama
Residential refurbishment and extension ($115K)
Ellery Park, Spit Bridge
External landscaping and structural works ($140K)
Pittwater Road, North Manly
Townhouse development ($900K)
Bellevue Park Road, Bellevue Hill
Apartment building ($2.2M)
Blue Dolphin Refurbishment $200K
Angourie Rainforest Resort Refurbishment $100K
COMPLETED PROJECTS (OTHER)
Forest Glades 36 Homes $20.0M
Clarenza Sub-division – 80 lots $10.0M
Lawrence Ridge Sub-division 25 Lots $6.0M
Armidale Highlands Sub-divisions 50 Lots $8.0M